One-Year Film Comprehensive
- Introduction to CGI by World Famous
- Beginning Red Digital Cinema
- Filmmaking Fundamentals
- Intro to Final Cut Pro X
- Analysis of Screenplay Elements
- From Brainstorm to Pitch
- Writing a Business Plan for a Creative Project
- Beginning Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
- Intermediate Red Digital Cinema
- Audio Recording For Film and Video
- Intermediate Final Cut Pro
- Post Production Sound and Audio Editing
- Effective Cinematic Lighting
- Advanced Final Cut Pro
- Citizen Journalist: An Intro to Indie Journalism
One-Day / Weekend Workshops
- Distressed Film Workshop *CANCELED**
- Bill Plympton on Being an Indie Artist
- Get Up & Stop Down - Stop-motion Workshop
- Working With Green Screen: Theory & Practice
- Actors Transitioning from Stage to Film
- Digital Media Management for Editors
- Shooting with Anamorphic Lenses
- Intro to Time Lapse Video Production
Youth Summer Camps
Info About Classes
Explore filmmaking by doing it! Northwest Film Forum offers a wide range of classes and workshops that can be taken at whatever pace you prefer. Whether you are new to the art and plan to plunge into filmmaking as a career or you have purchased your own equipment and wish to drop in on a few certifications to learn more, our classes are for you.
The Film Forum's curriculum offers a complete education in nearly all aspects of filmmaking. Multi-session classes meet weekly and offer in-depth, hands-on experience with filmmaking tools, while one-day workshops offer both insightful lectures and practical techniques on current filmmaking topics.
Film Forum classes and workshops are designed to instruct ﬁlmmakers on both the mechanical skills required in current ﬁlmmaking technology and the artistic application of tools to explore the critical and emotional range of the cinematic experience. Classes and workshops are taught by working artists: ﬁlmmakers, writers, producers and editors.
All workshops are held at Northwest Film Forum (1515 12th Ave) unless otherwise speciﬁed.
Students MUST register and pay the tuition in advance. To register, call Craig Downing at 206-329-2629, or pay online.
Financially strapped students interested in attending classes are invited to volunteer for the Film Forum. Volunteers gain free access to workshops in exchange for time spent doing volunteer chores. For more information, contact [email protected]