- The Moving Image: Constructive Criticism and the Art of Looking Anew
- Screenwriting 101: The Eight Week Screenplay
- Film Camp for Grown Ups—With Christian Palmer
- Basic Videography
- Writing With Light - Lighting Essentials
- Sound Recording for Film/Video
- Introduction to Post Production Sound
- Beginning Editing with Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
- Beginning Editing with Final Cut Pro X
- Intermediate Final Cut Pro X
- Advanced Final Cut Pro X
- Remix Editing with Final Cut Pro 7
- After Effects Basics
- Introduction to Blender: CG Animation and EFX
One-Day / Weekend Workshops
Summer Camps for Kids & Teens
Explore filmmaking by doing it! Northwest Film Forum offers a wide range of classes and workshops that can be taken at whatever pace you prefer. Whether you are new to the art and plan to plunge into filmmaking as a career or you have purchased your own equipment and wish to drop in on a few certifications to learn more, our classes are for you.
The Film Forum's curriculum offers a complete education in nearly all aspects of filmmaking. Multi-session classes meet weekly and offer in-depth, hands-on experience with filmmaking tools, while one-day workshops offer both insightful lectures and practical techniques on current filmmaking topics.
Film Forum classes and workshops are designed to instruct ﬁlmmakers on both the mechanical skills required in current ﬁlmmaking technology and the artistic application of tools to explore the critical and emotional range of the cinematic experience. Classes and workshops are taught by working artists: ﬁlmmakers, writers, producers and editors.
All workshops are held at Northwest Film Forum (1515 12th Ave) unless otherwise speciﬁed.
Students MUST register and pay the tuition in advance. To register, call Studio Director Dave Hanagan at 206-329-2629, or register online.
Financially strapped students interested in attending classes are invited to volunteer for NWFF. Volunteers gain free access to workshops in exchange for time spent doing volunteer chores. For more information, contact email@example.com.