- Business Plans for a Creative Project
- Sundance Artist Services Workshop
- Filmmaking Fundamentals
- Intermediate Final Cut Pro
- Pre-production for Docs
- Working with Color Correction
- Seattle Cinematographer Series
- Not F*ing Around LIVE! the 7Questions of Creativity
- Arri Light Kit
- Seattle: Nature vs. Nurture — Animation with Joanna Polak!
- Intro to the Red Digital Camera
- “They Will Not Tell You This” Masterclass in Directing
- Having Union Actors with your Film
- Working with Green Screen
- Producing Fundamentals for Indie Filmmaking
- Shooting with Anamorphic Lenses
- Work in Progress Screenwriting Group
- Writing For Hollywood: The High Concept Idea
- *** Past Workshops Offered
- Intro to DJI Ronin M
- The Art of Sound Design for Movies
- Recording Audio For Film
- DSLR Videography
- Blocking & Staging For Camera
- Intro to Generative Visuals and Max 7
- Intro to the Sony A7s DSLR Camera
- Intro to Final Cut Pro X
- Mock Networking Workshop
- Queering Film
- Yes, You Can Start Your Own Film Fest
- Celebrating Celluloid: 16mm Filmmaking
- Successful Film Set Practices
- Media Management for Final Cut Pro
- Post-Production Audio Editing
- Legal Basics for Filmmakers
- Media Management for Premiere Pro CC
- Beginning Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Storytelling in Virtual Reality
- Writing Character for the Screen: Theory & Practice
- Script to Production
- A Beginner’s Guide to Web Series
- Intro to Cinematic VR with the Ricoh Theta S
Required Viewing (Film Appreciation)
One-Year Film Comprehensive
Free Classes and Events
Youth Summer Camps
Info About Classes
Explore filmmaking by doing it! Northwest Film Forum offers a wide range of classes and workshops that can be taken at whatever pace you prefer. Whether you are new to the art and plan to plunge into filmmaking as a career or you have purchased your own equipment and wish to drop in on a few certifications to learn more, our classes are for you.
The Film Forum's curriculum offers a complete education in nearly all aspects of filmmaking. Multi-session classes meet weekly and offer in-depth, hands-on experience with filmmaking tools, while one-day workshops offer both insightful lectures and practical techniques on current filmmaking topics.
Film Forum classes and workshops are designed to instruct ﬁlmmakers on both the mechanical skills required in current ﬁlmmaking technology and the artistic application of tools to explore the critical and emotional range of the cinematic experience. Classes and workshops are taught by working artists: ﬁlmmakers, writers, producers and editors.
All workshops are held at Northwest Film Forum (1515 12th Ave) unless otherwise speciﬁed.
Students MUST register and pay the tuition in advance. To register, call Jonah Kozlowski at 206-329-2629, or pay online.
Scholarships and Volunteer Options:
We offer a limited number of scholarships to those who cannot afford to pay for classes. To apply, fill out our scholarship form.
We also encourage volunteering as a way to access classes and other resources. We have a variety of volunteer roles and shifts available. Volunteers earn hourly credit that can be applied toward classes or rentals. For more information, visit the Get Involved section of our website, or contact [email protected]