Gear Rental Coordinator
Application Deadline: September 12, 2014
This part-time position oversees the Film Forum’s gear and rentals to the public, responding promptly and cheerfully to all inquiries from the public and for classroom needs alike, overseeing the inventory, making repairs as needed, and handling rental income.
Working with volunteers, she creates a schedule of gear reservations, responding to requests from the youth programs director and education manager to schedule equipment for classes, tracking both its return and the need for regular maintenance. Customer service is always friendly and knowledgeable, and she fields technical questions from filmmakers with pleasure.
- Answer inquiries and questions from the public about Northwest Film Forum's inventory.
- Oversee the routine of renting and making the equipment available for classroom use, including recording transactions in the database and reporting on income and expense;
- Collect payment and assign volunteer rental credit.
- Schedule volunteers to cover other hours in the week
- Schedule return of gear, and check for loss/damage each time.
Priority consideration will be given to applicants with previous experience operating filmmaking equipment and/or managing film gear rentals. This position is a contract position for 4 hours per week. It reports to the Executive Director.
How to apply: Please send cover letter and resume via email to Lyall Bush at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Gear Rental Coordinator Search in the subject line. No calls and no applications through the mail, please.